14 January 2010

Yesterday . . .

    I don't like going to Phoenix because of the heat; I don't know the city very well. My visits are usually for business or to accompany Kathy when she has an appointment at the Carl T. Hayden VA medical center. The idea then is to do the business and come home the same day, a 450 mile round trip, as quickly as possible.

    Yesterday's journey was different because we took the dog, Kiki, so I had the excuse of walking Kiki to explore the Steele Indian School Park.  The weather is still reasonably cool. I'm not in the habit of taking the camera and playing the tourist but this time I remembered to take it along so here is a taste of  that walk. And an enlightening: I didn't know that I didn't know about the writings of Nicholas Black Elk (1868-1950) . . . I will correct that.




 

Then there was the drive home through Payson and up the Mogollon Rim



 
A portion of the rim from Kohl's Ranch/Christopher Creek area.

No comments: