I get lost wondering around this jungle called the internet. Where are the maps? Ordnance Survey in Southampton was where I used to turn or I should say the old ¼ and 1 inch maps that dad and I would pore over after having been on a bike ride long before the days of personal computers, never mind lap-tops. Why after not before the bike ride? I wonder. I still like poring over maps of places familiar and unfamiliar. All the bike rides. Just looking at maps. Drawing imaginary maps. Lost in the web with no map. And why try to map my life? Where have I been? How do I get there again? Ctrl+h only shows me where I've been! Walking along a crowded virtual street greeting strangers and popping into virtual shops. How did they do that? That blog is too noisy. What language is that?
Blogging Break
-
I'm taking a break from blogging, for two major reasons :a. I find it
hard to concentrate on chosen topics, while there's war and tragedy going
on in m...
1 year ago




2 comments:
Interesting thought. I love maps but have never conceived of the internet as a concrete place capable of mapping. I think of it more like...well, maybe I never had a concrete concept of it after all.
No, it is a web and each day a new piece is spun and some parts age and fall apart; and other bits are archived . . . it is a living thing. To paraphrase Heraclitus: One can't search the same web twice.
Alan
Post a Comment