26 March 2010

Nothing like a long drive

Salt River Canyon this morning

To Tucson. Why? Why not. To take the recorder to The Folk Shop for repair. I stopped to take pictures on the way mostly of the wildflowers. Some weren't so wild as near Dripping Springs, between Globe and Winkelman on route 77, Arizona Department Of Transportation (ADOT) had seeded the roadside as well as widening the road in places. It's been at least two years since I last drove that road.

Saguaro, cholla and eschscholzia californica

And cottonwood trees by the Gila river in Winkelman were 'snowing' their seed.

Salt River Canyon this evening

2 comments:

DUTA said...

You're right - there's nothing like a long drive. It brings to you scenic views of mountains, water streams, wild plants in bloom, trees.
The pictures are lovely!

Alan Richardson said...

Thank you, Duta. I'm still playing with the new camera and was able to catch the low light of early evening an some shots. It was very windy and so there was a haze of smog from Phoenix and dust in the air.