Just sitting here browsing blogs on Blogger . . . so I stop at a blog every once in a while and explore the author's list of followed blogs. I've randomly collected a list of over two hundred blogs I cannot possibly follow daily. Some I follow publicly; some not. Some blogs puzzle me in that they are quite good but have no public followers and few comments. I've not answered the question, "Why do you blog?" Is it some kind of head banging neurosis? Too much navel gazing. Waffling for the joy of waffling. I awoke this morning thinking of the memories that made me. learning stuff at school which becomes obsolete. Knowing all the little fishing ports around the coast of England and their specialty catches. the towns famous for a particular product: Witney blankets; Coventry gloves was it? Whitby jet; Northampton shoes; Peterborough bricks . . .
Browsing blogs. I started at World of Poot. This brought George and Weedon Grossmith's Diary of a Nobody to my mind.
Anna Lefler is a stand-up comedienne who lives in Santa Monica for whom life just keeps getting weirder.
I don't really like colourful blogs I thought this kind of shenanigans was frowned on soon after the hoi-poloi started playing with HTML [Doesn't seem so garish now 4 April '10]. And black as a background colour usually works well only with photographs That blog no longer has a black background but the type is pale [Edit 4 April '10]
Then there are the very personal public blogs that are up for a while then stop at an interesting point and one wonders, "What is happening in that person's life now?"
And the very private blogs for a select group of invited guests . . . I started one of mine like that and then thought, "What the heck?"




1 comment:
I need to do some trolling! Maybe once The Herbal Husband leaves for Peru!
Post a Comment