22 January 2010

The Big Storm

     California mud slides; flash flood warnings in Phoenix and southern Arizona; Interstate 40 closed and up here in the White Mountains it looks like this:


 

4 comments:

backstreeter said...

(( 0 )) Beautiful

Alan Richardson said...

It is, unless you have to drive in it. Hwy 260 was and remains closed. Some folk had to be evacuated from Greer as a power line was down. They had four+ feet of snow . . .

Alan

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful Alan! It is breathtaking! I've only seen that much snow in photographs, so you can see why I get more excited than others. I understand the headaches and risks of it. But it has a quality all it's own. It's to be respected and admired.

Alan Richardson said...

Well, compared to the ice storms and such that plague the country east of the Mississippi . . . I think we're getting off fairly lightly