School: 1966-8
Pirates of Penzance . . . . . .chorus
Mikado . . . . . . . . . . . . . . chorus
Under Milk Wood . . . . . . . .reading , various parts
Murder in the Red Barn . . . .Grandfather
Toad of Toad Hall . . . . . . . Policeman/ Front of Horse
Richard III . . . . . . . . . . . . Bishop of Ely
Kelvedon Players: 1967-71
Murder in the Cathedral . . . 2nd Priest
Beggars’ Opera . . . . . . . . .Filch
Royal Hunt of the Sun . . . . .Filipillo
Moonlighters’ Theatre Company: 1991
The Crucible . . . . . . . . . . Proctor
Thetford Music and Drama Society
(Breckland Drama Festival 1992)
Deadline Dawn . . . . . . . . .Brother Luis
Center Stage: 1992-96
Murder on the Nile . . . . . . Simon Mostyn
South Pacific . . . . . . . . . .Lt Harbison
Lion in Winter . . . . . . . . . Prince Richard
Cabaret . . . . . . . . . . . . . Cliff Bradshaw
Deathtrap . . . . . . . . . . . .Syndey Bruhl(rehearsed)
Real Inspector Hound . . . . .Moon
See How They Run . . . . . . Revd Toop
Great Falls Performing Arts Center
Meet me in St Louis . . . . . .Mr. Alonzo (Lonnie) Smith
The Malmstrom Character Company
The Red Lamp . . . . . . . . . .Bill Worth
What brought this to mind was tidying up a closet looking for some photographs and papers when I found a box of ephemera. Some of the plays and concerts I can't remember seeing but the ones I was in I sure do, especially as I have the video-tapes of a couple.




4 comments:
What was Murder on the Nile like? I have an affinity for her work.
Was Pirates of Penzance fun, as well? I haven't seen it live, but enjoyed Kevin Kline's performance. I don't normally like many musicals but found it to be an exception. But that might just be my fancy for Kevin Kline.
You have done quite a bit so far in your life. I really want to use you as inspiration to do more.
Pirates of Penzance was the first Gilbert & Sullivan we did at school. On the strength of that the lead, John Swoboda, went to audition at http://www.doylycarte.org.uk/ and was asked to come back when he'd had more voice training . . .
I'm going to write a short post about Murder on the Nile .
As for having done quite a bit in my life :-( it's all been in fits and starts.
Alan
Fits and starts?! That's me all over!
Like my taking a class to learn how to develop black and white film and photos and loving it and yet 4 years later I've still not set up my darkroom.
Like my education. I've gone back to school 3 times and I'm still a freshman in college. Albeit a great grade average, a freshman nonetheless.
Do the fits and starts change further down the road?
Some of the fits and starts have to do with the moves we made with the Air Force over a twelve year period.
The cure is perseverance
Alan
Post a Comment