Another week-end camping in the trailer. The camping part is accomplished by burning those awkward pieces of gnarled juniper and cedar that cannot be split small enough to fit into the wood-stove at home. The black archipelago of the cloudless starry sky before the waning moon rose is a wonder to behold. The Milky Way is particularly clear at these latitudes, about 33°N. The trailer provides the messy comfort of a home in miniature.
We kept ourselves busy walking, reading, playing music, watching the first series of Robin Hood , star gazing and otherwise being idle . . . the fire did get going and wasn't this smoky really.
And Kathy rescued another dog, Kiki, of indeterminate breed.
The last snapshot is a view from the ridge about halfway on the way back to the truck. By this time I was clapping my hands and really watching all around me.




3 comments:
Beautiful vistas! Not a fan of fires! We have fire pits surrounding our house. The neighbors burn wet wood. I need to read more of your blog, Alan. I will get to it soon!
I haven't yet written much to read, lemonverbenalady. One of our neighbours is the National Forest Service and they've been doing a lot of prescribed, control burns in the Apache-Sitgreaves . . . and we're downwind.
Thanks for posting it's comforting to know someone other than myself is dropping by.
Alan
Now that the garden is drawing to a close, I'll stop by more often!
Post a Comment