Yes, another week-end getting away to play some music in the open air; walk rocky trails; read, write and shelter from the rain. Oh, and enjoy a camp fire. It's taken a week for Kiki to realize that dead fires are nothing to be afraid of and that barking does not make the flames come back.
Still not finished Lanark. Am now reading Christopher Phillips's Six Questions of Socrates. I finally did a little recording of the dulcimer, too. Just a couple of traditional tunes that I like. No embellishment; no harmony. Jamie Allen and Winster Gallop.
How rocky are the trails? Well this is a bit OTT.
And this is about as dramatic as the skies get.




3 comments:
We used to do alot of tent camping until our daughter got older and busier. My husband still backpacks. There's nothing better than being outside and enjoying nature's beauty. I also own a hammered dulcimer (which I can't play very well) but you are the only other person I know that owns one besides the dealer I purchased it from. They aren't very popular in my neck of the woods, but I love them!
Thanks for commenting, Lisa. I think the stronghold for HDs in the US is Michigan. Now I know how easy it is to record and transfer files to the computer I'll post a few of the simple tunes I play . . . when I figure out how to do that ;-)
Alan
Oh, and as for camping under canvas: haven't done that for several years. The best night out I had was sleeping in a thin sleeping bag, no tent, on a shingle beach at Pett, Sussex on the south coast of England; that was in my youth, well I was about 22 years old.
Alan
Post a Comment