I haven't posted any books from my shelves lately. The books pictured are from my book-cases (or the floor) and I have read most of them. I've never counted them nor do I otherwise keep track of them. I sometimes look for a book and realize I must have culled it on one of the moves when Kathy was in the US Air Force. I did a quick estimate based on number of books per foot of shelf and calculated I have about 1800 books. So this is a small eclectic selection of the books of which I am fond or think must be worth reading again. Why no descriptions? Good question. Answer: laziness. One thing that is difficult to do now is finding a treasure through browsing in a book-shop when it is too easy to shop on-line at Amazon which offers you suggestions along the lines of "you bought that we think you might like this" or "other people who bought x also bought y".
I did find my paperback copy of Dr. Johnson's The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia and am re-reading it. Where is happiness to be found?
A man ought to read as inclination leads him; for what he reads as a task will do him little good
Samuel Johnson 1709 - 1784




No comments:
Post a Comment