I have the very bad habit of reading my self to sleep. That's not strictly true because if I get to bed by ten I'm usually asleep within ten minutes. I should say I have the habit of reading in bed.This wasn't the case last night. I slept a few hours then woke about two in the morning, so I got up and . . .
. . . watched the Ken Loach film Kes (1970)which was on during TCM's Up All Night period last night. If the film had been shot in black and white it would be gritty like A Taste of Honey, (1961) a story by Shelagh Delaney filmed by Tony Richardson. But it wasn't, so it isn't, but it is like the book (written by a school teacher who also wrote the screenplay with the director and producer) I'd not remembered the music, not like the theme tune of Whistle Down the Wind (1961). The first impression, after not having seen the film since the first time nearly forty (ok thirty-seven) years ago is that a slow reader like me can actually read the credits which appear after the first scene which closely follows the first pages of the book. That I didn't remember any of the music just means that it is all incidental woven seamlessly into the film; not, as in so many movies now, dictating your emotions.
Ha,ha some of the Google ad-sense advertisements that pop up in the page after publishing a post are amusing. This post generated one about preventing bed-wetting.
Ha,ha some of the Google ad-sense advertisements that pop up in the page after publishing a post are amusing. This post generated one about preventing bed-wetting.




No comments:
Post a Comment