Zoë in her element doing what huskies do - follow a track. I can't apologize for the poor quality of the shots (but I do apologize for not being closer to the subject) as I think these are the only snapshots I have of her in the snow; they were taken with a cell-phone on her last trip up to the snow nearly two years ago now. Oh, and please note headstrong huskies should never, ever be let off a leash . . .
Blogging Break
-
I'm taking a break from blogging, for two major reasons :a. I find it
hard to concentrate on chosen topics, while there's war and tragedy going
on in m...
1 year ago





4 comments:
Hahahaa! No, never let them off a leash! And all huskies I think are head strong! I have one, Samson! Oh boy is he headstrong as ever. I need to take him to see some good snow. He's been around a couple of inches here and there, but nothing really good that sticks for more than a day.
He's going on 13 this December, so I don't know how his older self would feel about all the cold for a long period. He's able to enjoy central heat and air at will, so. How old is Zoe?
Zoë was about twelve. We don't know for sure as she was adopted from an animal shelter in Tucson about eleven years ago and the people there thought she was about one and a half to two years old then, She died this last August See this post http://thrupnybit.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-eventful-week-end.html
Alan
I read the post. I know that mustn't have been easy with it happening while you were away.
She was beautiful with her blue eyes. I love the name Zoe, it's been a favorite of mine for years. She must have had a playful spirit.
Is it wrong to ask what ended her life? Would it be untasteful if I posted some photos, later, of my huskie, to share with you?
I suspect cancer. A lump grew rapidly in her abdominal cavity. X-rays showed a large mass attached either to the liver or spleen . . . she stopped eating . . .
Alan
Post a Comment